Following Chris Kirchner's withdrawal from buying Derby County FC, the administrators released a press statement saying the announcement of preferred bidder status was "imminent". Over the festive period, it came clear on Christmas Eve another deadline had been missed for naming the preferred bidder.
It's now January 4th 2022 and with Wayne Rooney and the 1st team picking up 10 points from the last 4 games, the great escape is on! This month will prove to be massive for the future of Derby County and keeping what seems to be their only valuable assets, the players, at the club.
Black & White Together have submitted questions to the administrators today to understand the state of play with regard to naming the preferred bidder. In summary:
1) What's the latest in naming the preferred bidder and what are the legalities mentioned?
2) Is there short-term funding if no preferred bidder is announced?
3) Will there be forced player sales this month if no preferred bidder is announced asap?
4) What's the latest on Wycombe Wanderers and Middlesborough cases?
5) Will DCFC be able to extend contracts that are expiring this month?
6) How many parties are still "live" following Chris Kirchner's withdrawal?
It's worth noting some of these questions may become irrelevant if/when a preferred bidder is announced.
Quantuma is now in possession of these questions, as soon as we receive answers, we'll update the fans straight away across our social media channels.